Microsoft Bookings, also referred to as MS Bookings, is a helpful appointment scheduling tool— and a part of the Microsoft 365 application suite. Following are some insights into why you may need to leverage it and the way to get began.
Be aware: On the time of publication, Microsoft had launched a brand new version of Bookings that may be accessed via a toggle button on the top proper of the Bookings application bar. All of the options talked about right here can be found in each previous and new variations, however the performance descriptions are primarily based upon the latest launch. It’s a useful improve that is each intuitive and consumer pleasant, and we suggest our readers test it out.
What Is Microsoft Bookings?
A part of the Microsoft 365 application suite, Bookings is a useful tool that allows members of a company to publish firm calendars on-line and empower all purchasers/clients shortly to schedule bookings (appointments). It integrates with Microsoft Outlook so purchasers/clients can guide appointments with firm employees at their discretion.
Bookings has three major parts, plus a really helpful integration:
- Internet-based reserving pages that host calendars the place purchasers/clients can arrange their appointments. Customers can generate a direct link to be shared, embedded as an internet site link, or added to an organization’s Fb web page.
- An online app the place Bookings calendar homeowners/directors can outline appointment sorts and particulars, handle employees schedules and availability, set enterprise hours and customise how appointments are scheduled.
- A business-facing mobile app the place Bookings calendar homeowners/directors can see all their appointments, entry buyer lists and call info, and make guide bookings on the go.
Each appointment booked as a web based assembly creates a gathering link that anybody can be part of through Microsoft Groups. Bookings can also be obtainable as an app inside Groups to assist customers create calendars, assign employees, schedule new appointments and meet with out ever leaving Groups.
Accessing Bookings for the First Time
There are a number of methods to entry Bookings, however this one is easy. It works whether or not or not you’re signed into Workplace.
- Navigate to https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/enterprise/scheduling-and-booking-app
- On the show that seems, click on Check in to Begin Utilizing Bookings.
- When you sign up (if you have not already achieved so), Bookings will open.
Bookings permits companies to have a number of calendars and every can have its personal reserving web page and totally different attributes resembling hours of operation. Following are the steps for establishing a brand new calendar and getting ready it for use.
Setting Up and Configuring a New Calendar
From the principle Bookings interface:
- Click on the down caret subsequent to the corporate title and choose New Bookings Calendar.
- Select Create from Scratch. (If the agency already has Bookings Calendars, the consumer can even clone an current calendar.
- Present a calendar title and choose a enterprise sort. Add a brand if desired. Click on Update Calendar.
- Over the subsequent few shows, add Providers and their durations, availability, and repair suppliers (employees members), and extra. Be aware you could additionally select to allow the service suppliers to handle the Bookings calendar as effectively. When you find yourself completed, click on Update Providers.
- Repeat Step 4 as wanted to configure all Providers. Click on Proceed.
- Set up who can guide appointments and whether or not bookings are dealt with solely via the Bookings app or through an inside or public web page.
- Click on Full Setup. Within the subsequent show, you will notice the URL for the calendar, which is able to be shared.
At this level, customers can click on Get Began to carry out extra, extra granular customizations. We should not have room to element them right here.
Remaining Be aware: Be Cautious with Admin Privileges
To arrange a Reserving web page, customers will need to have Admin privileges for the Microsoft 365 platform as an entire. Fairly than assigning customers Admin privileges to allow this functionality (a advice we present in some Microsoft help articles), we warning towards it.
A extra prudent strategy, from our perspective, is to have a delegated firm Admin arrange and configure Bookings initially. They’ll then add customers from the corporate’s group and provides them Bookings Admin privileges, which permits them to carry out Bookings features, together with including employees and setting different parameters.